Sunday 8 January 2012

SOPA. Are you for it or against it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

I thought I'd make a quick entry on something I've been watching over my Christmas break. I don't agree with this at all and I wondered what other people might think about it? I know a lot of people don't know about it over here unless you go to certain websites that like talking(arguing) about this. It effects America at the minute but if this is past it could spread everywhere. Spain is already doing there own version of this (thanks to the US basically threatening them) and it could very well happen here in the UK. I already know that there is something similar a-float and I am ready to protest the hell out of it. If this manages to pass in America I'm pretty sure the UK will follow behind like a little puppy and if that happens I'm moving to Sweden.

I know why the companies who are siding with this agree with what it's trying to do but this won't just effect file sharing this is basically censorship of the internet and I'll be damned if I let that happen!

An oddly childish video but it explains it if you don't want to read about it.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2011/dec/23/sopa-stop-online-piracy-act

This whole SOPA bill is so the rich can get richer. Typical of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment